This package requires .NET 3.5 or higher… View more information here.
MassMailer was created mainly for my younger brother who was looking for a free way to distribute newsletters to readers of his Answers for Pilots blog. I was very pleasantly surprised while working with .NET’s System.Net.Mail libraries – I ended up being able to accomplish more than I thought possible in intuitive ways.
I haven’t done much testing or debugging with the application other than to confirm it actually works and is usable. I encourage you to post problems you find with it here so that I can do my best to fix them and release an updated version.
- Built-in support for Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail, Gmail and Netscape
- Can be configured manually for any SMTP server
- Send mail in HTML or Plain-Text format
- Send mail to a theoretically infinite number of people at a time
- Load email addresses from a text file (see usage)
- Saves server information automatically (see usage)
- The only problem I’ve come across is that emails sent seem to get shot down by pretty much any standalone, corporate, or school spam filter
If anyone has any knowledge of the header information generally sent along with emails and would like to work with me to configure my application appropriately please contact me.
Usage and Notes:
- Recipient files must be text files with each email address on a separate line.
- Body files can be text or HTML and will be sent as-is once loaded into the program.
- Upon exit any validated server information is saved to a file in the working directory… This file contains (among other information) the email password you have entered. If this is a problem for you simply hit the “Clear Settings” button before quitting
I hope you enjoy my hard work… Feel free to donate to the site if you have some spare change and keep in mind the requests of donors will always be honored!